A Reproduction of the Type MA-1 flight jacket, introduced in the 1950s and becoming the flight jacket of the U.S. Air Force. This classic bomber is constructed from a Custom produced fabric that authentically replicates the true colour and characteristics of the highly durable nylon material from that era.
Nylon 66 was invented by DuPont Co. Nylon 66 is more flame resistant and durable compared to other nylon fibers. The Real McCoy’s have studied the original Mil-Spec formula to replicate its yarn, density and weave, a full original of the brand.
The patches on this MA-1 were seen worn by support units who "patrolled" the highways of Laos during the Vietnam War.
- Same Base Model as: TYPE MA-1 REAL MCCOY MFG. CO. MJ15115
- Outer shell and lining: 100% nylon 6-6
- Interlining: 100% Wool
- Custom produced original McCOY Front Zip
- Deadstock 50s Talon on sleeve pocket
- Name Tape on Left Chest
- Embroidered Patch on Right Chest and Left Shoulder
- Reflector Tape on Back and Sleeve Ends
- 100% Wool Collar, Cuffs and Hem
- Sage Green
- Made in Japan