Nicknamed the Flying Tigers, the AVG (American Volunteers Group) was deployed to aid the Chinese Air Force and help defend China against Japan in the 1940s. The Flying Tigers comprised of U.S. Army Air Force, U.S Navy and U.S Marine Corp pilots recruited by President Roosevelt.
The Type A-2 / Flying Tigers (Print) is cut to the same specs as our house model Type A-2 Real McCoy MFG. Co. (MJ18101) and features souvenir Flying Tigers imagery throughout. The leather patch and artwork on back are both silk-screened in our factory and then hand finished. The patch on the sleeve is embroidered onto a felt backing, a practice commonly seen on jackets from the 1940s era.
- Horsehide, Vegetable Tanned, Pigment Finished
- Cotton Broad Clothing Lining
- 40s Bell-Shaped Talon Front Zipper
- Wool Ribbing
- Embroidery Patch on Left Sleeve
- Hand Print on Left Chest and Back
- Made in Japan